In order to ensure the marketability of broiler products, improve the quality of broiler products and increase economic efficiency, some effective technical measures must be taken.
In the process of raising broilers, farmers must not only pay attention to the meat quality of broilers, but also need to pay attention to a variety of reasons such as capture, cage, transportation, etc., often causing bumps, lacerations, knife injuries and fractures, which lowers the commodity level. , Thereby affecting economic benefits. The incidence rate can reach 16.82%.
1. Measures to reduce trauma
There are many reasons for trauma, such as excessive feeding density, crowding during growth, and rough and brutal operations during capture and shipping, which are easy to cause trauma. Pay attention to the following points to prevent trauma:
1. The density during breeding should be reasonable: the litter should be as thick as possible, to ensure that the bottom of the cage or the net surface is flat and free of dust and hard objects; if the cage or the net is raised, a layer of elastic plastic mesh pad should be added to reduce The occurrence of thoracic cysts, while reducing the lying time of chicks, to avoid chest compression for too long.
2. Reducing the number of captures: use fences to carefully surround and minimize the number and intensity of captures. Beak-cutting and vaccination must add antibiotics and vitamins to the feed to reduce the effects of stress factors. It is best to use light blue or red lights to catch chickens after dark or before dawn.
3. To transport chickens, use special cages or chick boxes: the bottom of the cages should be covered with soft grass or grass mats, and no hooks or thorns should be left on the cage net or the cabinet to prevent stabs on the chicken’s body surface. Care should be taken during transportation to be careful and slow to prevent oscillation and shaking. When loading or unloading the truck, it should be carefully loaded and lifted to prevent it from tilting or turning sideways.
Second, measures to ensure the color of the product
Different regions, different people, different colors of chicken skin. In order to meet the requirements of the sales area for the appearance color of the product: the following measures can be taken:
1. Try not to raise mixed hair chicken: such as black hair chicken, blue black beak chicken, blue black foot chicken.
2. Feeding yellow pigment feed: In the late stage of rearing broilers, yellow corn or yellow pigment feed should be fed to make the carcass yellow.
3. Control the fire temperature of the hair during slaughter: the water temperature of the scald is lower than 65 ℃, the dermis will not fall off, the carcass will remain dark yellow after processing, if the water temperature exceeds 65 ℃, the dermis will be scalded, and the carcass will be milky.
4. Prevention of trauma: In the late breeding period, care must be taken to prevent collision and squeezing when catching chickens, slaughtering, transporting, and slaughtering, so as not to cause blood vessel rupture, subcutaneous congestion, and affect the color of the product.
3. Prevent and reduce the adverse consequences of stressors
The harm caused by stress can be either single or comprehensive. Different stressors can cause chickens’ “systemic adaptation syndrome”, which seriously affects the quality of commercial broilers. Mitigation and adjustment of stress factors mainly focus on the environment, management, health and physiology. The following three types of drugs can be used.
1. Preventive medicine: It can reduce the effect of stress factors on the body, such as diazepam analgesics, diazepam, sedatives, etc.
2. Adaptation medicine: It can improve the body’s defense and play a role in relieving and adjusting the stimulating factors. Such as dibazole, fumaric acid, vitamin C, Acanthopanax senticosus, and ginseng.
3. Symptomatic drugs: refers to drugs that fight stress symptoms.
Fourth, go out as soon as possible to ensure the quality of the meat
The shorter the feeding period of broiler chickens to the market weight, the less consumption, and the better the economic benefit, and the meat quality will become more tender and juicy as the age increases. Therefore, from the perspective of improving meat quality, as long as the market weight is reached, the shorter the feeding period, the better. In addition, in the late stage of breeding, about 10 days before slaughter, the feeding of medicines that can affect the taste of chicken meat and feeds with fish meal should be stopped or less, and the problem of “drug residue” should be highly valued.
At present, many foreign countries have implemented a new “food hygiene inspection system” for imported poultry meat, which has comprehensively raised the hygiene inspection standards. The main contents are: exclude sick chickens, eliminate antibiotics, thiamine and other antibacterial agents and pesticide residues, and do not detect Salmonella, E. coli, Staphylococcus, and strictly limit the number of general bacteria. Therefore, in the breeding process, we must choose medicines according to the regulations correctly and reasonably; we must choose the problem of no pesticide residues and solve the problem of preventing bacterial pollution to ensure the health of the people.