Cold is a common phenomenon in the process of raising chickens, and it is also the main factor for the incidence of chickens. Some people will ask that the temperature of my chicken house is very stable, there is no large ventilation, and there is no blowing to the chicken. How can the chicken be cold? What happened? Chilling can appear in many aspects of chicken breeding. Not only the temperature control level or the ventilation and blowing of the chicken will be cooled. I summarized the factors that can cause the chickens to be cold during the breeding process. I hope to help everyone!
01. Wet chicken feathers can cause the chickens to get cold, and the chicks “bath” for all reasons; the waterline is too low during the brooding period, the water pressure is too large, the chicks get into the cup, and the nipples leak, resulting in wet chicken feathers; the spray equipment is damaged and the sprinkler drops Severe or longer spraying time will cause the feathers to become moist; the house is blocked by condensation or moisture leaks from the roof of some houses.
02. Improper humidification method, only pay attention to humidification, without considering the temperature of the flock. When the performance of the flock is low, the humidification tube will be used to humidify the flock. The water used for humidification will have a low temperature when the fog falls When the chicken is on, the chickens are cooled; when humidifying, if there is a lot of water on the ground, the cold air generated by the evaporation of water vapor can also cool the abdomen of the chicken.
03. The chicken house is not tightly sealed, resulting in side windows, sewage outlets, chicken outlets, water curtains, exhaust fan outlets, etc., resulting in draughts, causing the chickens to be cold due to the low temperature.
04. After the wind enters the chicken house from the air inlet, there are obstacles blocking during the warming process, which causes the breeze to bounce back and direct the bird to cool the chicken.
05. The temperature control is unreasonable; the cooling speed is relatively fast, especially in the cold season. Such artificially rapid cooling will make the chickens more cold.
06. Misjudgment depends only on the indicated temperature of the thermometer, and does not pay attention to the physiological behavior of the flock, causing the flock to catch cold.
The indoor temperature indicated by the thermometer can only be used as a reference. The indicated temperature of the thermometer is affected by the accuracy of the thermometer, the location of the thermometer (whether it is representative), the height of the suspension (whether it is suitable), etc. influences.
In addition to the temperature of the chicken coop, the appropriate temperature of the chicken flock has an important relationship with the humidity, wind speed, light and feeding conditions in the chicken coop. At the same house temperature, when the humidity increases, the chicken will only feel warmer. When the house wind speed increases, the chicken will feel colder. When the light is turned off, the chicken will feel cooler. When feeding, the chicken will feel warmer, and when hungry. It will feel colder.
07. Laziness and sleep at night, resulting in low fire or burnout, resulting in a drop in furnace temperature and chills.
08. Abrupt weather. When the outside temperature drops, the temperature lag in the chicken house will decrease. If the ventilation of the chicken house is not adjusted in time, the temperature drop in the chicken house will cause the chickens to get cold.
Therefore, you should be highly vigilant during outside temperature changes (high wind, heavy snow, rain, afternoon temperature drop), and frequently observe the temperature of the chicken house, in order to make a timely response, reduce the amount of ventilation or increase heating or reduce the air inlet.
09. Insufficient heating of the hot water heater can cause the temperature of the chicken house to drop and the chickens to get cold. The overhaul and maintenance of heating equipment and training of personnel on furnace burning methods should be strengthened.
10. The position of the air inlet is incorrect or too large. The principle of using the air inlet is to increase the area of the air inlet at a relatively high temperature and reduce the area of the air inlet at a relatively low temperature. For example, in actual operation, the relative temperature is not considered. Opening the air inlet just for the air intake will cause the chickens to catch cold.
11. No protective measures are taken at the air inlet, which will cause the chickens under the air inlet to catch cold.
The above is the whole reason of “Why do the chickens get cold without great ventilation?” I hope to read today’s introduction and analysis. In the future, the farmers can manage the chickens scientifically during the daily management of the chickens, and try to avoid the chickens getting cold!