quail cages for egg production , With the development of science, the diversification of chicken breeds and the mechanized era of chicken raising have made people who want to raise chickens feel a little at a loss for a while. The selection, the equipment needed for chickens, the management of chicken feeding and the prevention of diseases will be a detailed introduction for reference only.
The key points of choosing a chicken farm site
The chicken farm site should be located in a more remote living area but can be reached by vehicles; a tall, dry and well-drained place; the site should have water and power sources.
Which breed of chicken is better?
The choice of chicken breeds should be determined according to the adaptability of the chicken in the forest garden and the market demand. Generally choose local breed chickens with strong adaptability, strong disease resistance, strong foraging ability, rough feeding resistance, tender meat, and delicious taste (such as reed chicken, nine-jin yellow chicken, etc.) or local chicken blood accounted for more than 75% Of hybrid chicken breeds. And it is necessary to consider market demand and choose marketable breeds, and it is best to choose good native chicken breeds cultivated by formal units.
From the perspective of production performance, chickens can be divided into layers, broilers, and eggs. The economic benefits of broilers are higher. It can be released in 45 days from the breeding time. This is incomparable to other animals. Seven or eight crops can be raised within a year.
Equipment needed for Samyang Chicken
Simple chicken farms need basic equipment such as chicken cages, drinking water equipment, feeding equipment, and manure removal equipment. If it is large-scale breeding, in order to improve work efficiency, more comprehensive mechanized equipment can be considered.
Four issues that need attention in chicken feeding management
1. The management density of the chicken farm is moderate. The breeding density should be moderate. Each layer should have enough troughs and drinking fountains, and the location should be suitable, and the chickens should be supplied with clean and suitable water temperature. Laying hen feeding and management Datong uses a chain feeder to feed, and it should be fed regularly every day, and attention should be paid to timely raising the nutritional level of the diet during the rising stage of egg production.
2. To reduce the pollution of the eggs, the pollution and damage of the eggs should be minimized. Environmental conditions should be as stable or gradual as possible. Closed chicken coops should turn on and off the lights on time so that the daily light time can be supplemented according to the requirements. In addition, the ventilation volume needs to be adjusted according to the season to make the temperature in the house more suitable. Chicken farm management
3. Open chicken coops should pay attention to the severe weather regulations: the impact on chickens. Regardless of the type of chicken house, proper heat preservation or cooling measures must be taken to prevent cold and heat, and prevent the relative humidity and harmful gas concentration in the house from exceeding the limit index, so that the chicken flock can maintain a high and stable laying Level.
Five chicken flock diseases focus on prevention
1. Do a good job of daily observation and keep abreast of the health of the flock. Observe and record the feed intake, drinking performance, feces, spirit, activity, breathing and other basic conditions of the chickens daily, count the incidence and death, and achieve “early detection, early diagnosis, and early treatment” for chicken diseases to reduce economic losses .
2. Strict disinfection. Sterilize chicken farms, chicken coops, chicken coop entrances, breeding eggs, breeding equipment, and feces. Feeding equipment includes troughs, cages, water tanks, egg racks, egg boxes, etc. The feed trough should be washed regularly, otherwise the feed will become moldy and deteriorate; the water trough should be cleaned daily. Manure disinfection, manure is often piled up and fermented, and the bio-heat generated is used for disinfection. If disinfectant is used, bleach powder can be used in a ratio of 5:1, that is, 1 kg of fresh feces are added to 200 grams of bleach powder and disinfected after stirring. Lime can also be used for disinfection.
3. Do a good job of immunization. Immunization refers to the injection or oral administration of biological preparations such as vaccines and vaccines to chickens to enhance their resistance to pathogens, so as to avoid the occurrence and spread of specific diseases. At the same time, the antibodies produced after inoculation of breeders can also be transmitted to the chicks through the fertilized eggs, providing protective maternal antibodies. Therefore, special attention should be paid to chicken immunization.
The editor suggests that you should adopt small-scale breeding in the early stage. After accumulating experience, you can plan to expand the scale according to market conditions.