How to prevent chicken from heatstroke in summer? There is no sweat gland on the chicken, and the feathers on the body have better heat insulation effect. In addition, its body temperature is as high as 41-42 degrees, so it is very prone to heat stroke in the high temperature in summer, which brings a lot of Bothered. So how to prevent heatstroke in summer chicken farming? What are the common misunderstandings of chicken heatstroke prevention?
Common misunderstandings are as follows:
1. It is believed that summer is coming, and the biggest influence is laying hens, which has little effect on broilers and broilers. The effect of high temperature on laying hens is obvious, mainly due to a decrease in feed intake and a decrease in egg production rate. However, during brooding, as the age increases, the required ambient temperature should gradually decrease. If in the first week, because the required ambient temperature is 32-350 degrees, so the impact is not big, and in the second week, and even afterwards, the required ambient temperature will drop by 10 degrees every 3 days, until it drops to 21 ~ 180 degree. If it is summer brooding, the outside temperature is often above 300 degrees. When the ambient temperature is too high, the feed intake of the chicks will also be reduced due to the influence of high temperature, thereby affecting the growth and development of the chicks. As for raised chickens, due to the high temperature, the feed intake of the chickens is reduced, and the weight of the chickens is lighter, which will affect the production and continued high yields of the chickens.
2. To cool down, plant some tall leafy trees in the chicken farm, especially around the chicken coop. In doing so, the starting point is good, because the leaves can block some sunlight. The problem is that there are more trees, which means more birds can stay on the chicken farm. It is easy to cause major outbreaks in chicken farms due to the presence of these wild birds. The best way is to use shading nets around the chicken coop. If a wet curtain is installed in the chicken coop, a shading net can be installed outside the wet curtain to prevent direct sunlight from weakening the cooling effect of the wet curtain. The walls of the chicken coop can be painted with white paint or white cement, the roof can be painted with white paint or some straw, and if necessary, combined with water spray to achieve the cooling effect. Some green grass and other low green plants can be planted on the ground around the chicken coop.
3. Due to the high temperature in summer, the chickens drink too much water. When they excrete feces every day, they often carry granular feed. If the feed is processed finer, it is conducive to digestion. In summer, the drinking volume of chickens increased significantly, generally 3 to 5 times of the intake, and the drinking volume was 90 to 325ml per bird. The higher the egg production rate, the greater the water requirement. 12ml / d · only. Drinking water in summer is four times that in winter, and it is about 2 to 3 times that of food intake. It is normal for feed intake to decrease and water intake to increase. When defecating, some granular feed is directly discharged. Because of the large amount of drinking water, chickens do not have a special urinary organ, and the water is quickly discharged with the cloaca, which causes the feed to stay in the digestive tract for a shorter time and is not completely digested. If the feed is processed too finely, the palatability becomes worse, which leads to a further reduction in chicken feed intake and greater impact.
4. In order to help the chicken relieve heat and cool down, add sodium bicarbonate to the drinking water, and also add vitamin C at the same time. The addition of sodium bicarbonate can effectively adjust the acid-base balance of the chicken body, inhibit central nervous system activity, and significantly improve the chicken’s ability to resist heat stress. Adding 0.1% to 0.5% sodium bicarbonate to the chicken diet can increase the egg production rate and eggshell quality of the chicken, but at the same time, the salt feed should be reduced accordingly to prevent the chicken from eating too much sodium ions. If the picture is convenient, add sodium bicarbonate to the water. Due to the large amount of drinking water of chickens in summer, it means that the intake of sodium bicarbonate is large. Too much intake will cause poisoning, so it is best to add it to the feed. As for the addition of vitamin C, because vitamin C is easily destroyed by water and reduces its effect, it is best to add it to the feed. But the two cannot be used at the same time, otherwise it will reduce the efficacy. In practice, it is better to use vitamin C early in the hot season and later sodium bicarbonate.
5. In order to prevent outbreaks of infectious diseases in chickens in summer, it is best to vaccinate by drinking water. In the summer, due to reduced feed intake and the impact of high temperature, the resistance of chickens to the outside world is significantly reduced, and various infectious diseases such as E. coli and Newcastle disease are prone to occur. Vaccination of chickens is a necessary preventive measure. In fact, which vaccination method to choose depends on which immunization method is suitable for the vaccine and depends on the actual situation. If it is suitable for drinking water immunization, it is also necessary to consider the high temperature in summer. The time to stop water before vaccination must be shortened to avoid heat stroke caused by long-term water stop. At the same time, it should be considered that the time of drinking water immunization should not be too long to prevent the high temperature in the chicken house, which will cause the vaccine in the water to become invalid or reduce its effectiveness. Generally, before drinking water for immunization in summer, water is stopped for about 1 hour, and drinking water inoculation is controlled between 30 minutes and 45 minutes. You can also use probiotics to feed the chicken drinking water. Using probiotics to raise chickens can improve the resistance of the chicken, prevent disease and promote growth, improve the survival rate of the chicken. Select probiotics must choose special probiotics for breeding .
How to prevent chicken from heatstroke in summer?
1. Cool the chicken house
First of all, it is necessary to ensure that the chicken house is well ventilated. Covering the chicken shed with a sunshade net or spraying water equipment can effectively reduce the direct geese direct sunlight on the chicken shed. Before the advent of high temperature, properly reduce the breeding density, reasonable feeding density can effectively reduce the temperature of the shed, and can also gradually increase the oil and amino acids in the feed, which can effectively reduce the body heat generation and enhance the resistance of the flock . You can also plant plants outside the shed or build fences to reduce direct sunlight and temperature.
2. Greening and cooling
You can plant some vines around the chicken coop and let it climb up the walls and roof of the coop, so as to not only block the sunlight, the air flow between the leaves and the wall, but also reduce the indoor temperature, such as planting grapes and chicken dung It is a fertilizer that promotes plant growth and improves the yield of grapes. It is also a benefit.
3. Spray cooling
In summer, the temperature is hot, the air is dry, the feed intake of the chickens is reduced, and the water consumption is also greatly increased. This is a method of spraying the chicken body and the ground to cool down and relieve the heat, but also pay attention to the relative humidity. The appropriate relative humidity is 50% to 55%. If the relative humidity is greater than 72%, it will cause the house to be sultry and feathers will be contaminated and easily cause disease; but if the relative humidity is less than 45%, the dust in the house will be flying, which is very Chickens suffer from respiratory diseases, so humidity should be controlled.
4. Fan air conditioner cooling
If you have a conditional farmer, you can install a certain number of fans at a certain distance in the chicken house. When the temperature in the chicken house increases, turn on the fan, which accelerates the air flow and takes a lot of heat away. The effect of cooling and heatstroke prevention, but the disadvantage is that the noise is too loud, which is unfavorable for the egg production period, and it is likely to cause the egg production to decrease. You can also use air conditioners. Not only is the noise low, but the cooling effect is better than the fan, but the cost is higher, and the air conditioning purchase and electricity costs are also a big expense.