Hot weather is a severe test for poultry breeding, especially high temperature and extreme weather. If improper measures are taken, chicken production will be affected, normal production performance will not be exerted, and significant economic losses will be caused. This article starts from the perspective of the farm manager , Summarized various measures and programs to deal with high temperature and extreme weather, and escorted the safe production of the farm.
1. Drinking water management
In hot weather, it is necessary to ensure that all chickens can easily drink water in order to reduce stress and stabilize production. The management rules are as follows:
1. The waterline pressure is a little higher than the normal value. At the same time, we must diligently observe to avoid water instability caused by unstable water pressure and air resistance;
2. Ensure that the chickens can drink clean and cool water: Drinking water at a lower temperature can take away the heat of the chicken body and reduce the heat stress of the chicken. You can use cool groundwater or add blue Jianbao to the drinking water;
3. Put the water at the end of the water pipe every 2-3 hours at high temperature, so that the water temperature in the water pipe is low, to prevent the water temperature in the water pipe from being too high and cause the water quality of the end to spoil, especially when drinking multi-dimensional and other bacteria-growth drugs
4. Under special circumstances, use the most manpower and material resources to increase the drinking equipment in the chicken house, so that the chickens can drink water conveniently: when necessary (when there is no water), brooder drinking fountains, washbasins, bottoms of feed tanks or feed lines Water can be added manually. All chicken houses are equipped with spare buckets, which can be used for water supply during special periods. The scouring ponds or other water storage tanks and larger containers in the farm are cleaned and equipped with sufficient water sources. They are regularly replaced and used as an emergency;
5. Chickens are reluctant to move when the temperature is high, so it is necessary to arrange the duty staff to stay in the hen house to gently drive the flocks away, so that the chickens can be scattered or drink water, especially the chickens far away from the corner of the waterline;
6. When the high-temperature drinking water is insufficient during the day, turning on the lights at night for 30-60min can effectively spread the chickens, avoid dehydration of the chickens, ease the temperature of the chickens, and effectively reduce the mortality rate;
7. Reduce the height of the waterline so that the chicken can drink the water more conveniently, and it is better to stretch the neck slightly.
2. Feeding management
1. According to the feeding time, try to feed when the temperature is low;
2. When necessary, reduce the feeding amount (such as the laying period of breeding chickens), prevent feed corruption and reduce the feeding time, avoid feeding and heat production (when life is required);
3. During heat stress, the demand of chickens for vitamins and other nutrients increases. You can increase the concentration of nutrients in the feed or add multi-dimensions in the drinking water (such as laying hens Viking 100 or commercial broiler Vibo 100 high temperature weather every day Drink once, 2-3 hours each time);
4. Probiotics and mold removal agents can be added to the feed (such as Yileduo Mixing 1000g / tonne + Mycotoxin 1000g / tonne), which can maintain the balance of intestinal flora, promote nutrient absorption and improve feed utilization Rate, eliminate the hazards of mycotoxins, and improve the body’s resistance to heat stress.
3. Environmental Control Equipment Management
According to the on-site equipment and the age and condition of the flocks, a reasonable ventilation plan is formulated, and all operations and conversions are completed according to the plan; at the same time, the following issues need to be noted:
(1) Ensure that the fan belt is tight, clean the fan blades, shutters, screens (including chicken coop fences), weeds and obstacles in the exhaust vents, so as to maximize their efficiency;
(2) The fan is matched with the air inlet area, and at the same time, the wind speed in the house should be increased as much as possible, and the size of the fan, air inlet (wet curtain) and air volume should be adjusted in combination with the anemometer;
(3) Clean the feathers and dust on the fan screens and shutters of the fan every day to prevent power loss;
(4) A chicken house with a large cross-section can be used to make a windshield curtain to increase the wind speed in the house, but the lowest part of the windshield belt should not be less than 1.5 meters. The production interval of the windshield is preferably about 6 meters, the front is high and the bottom is low The model can increase the induced wind speed of the rear flock and slow down the heat stress of the flock;
(5) Reserve and maintain the spare motors, fans, submersible pumps, etc., such as flat chickens will prolong the feeding time of the flocks due to the failure of the feed line motor, the feed level is reduced, and the flocks are easy to get together and accidents occur; After the fault, the temperature of the chicken house will rise quickly, and large problems may easily occur if it is not handled in time.
2. Wet curtain
(1) Ensure that the amount of water on the wet curtain is proper and normal, and the wet curtain paper is fully wetted; the wet curtain is completely covered with a shading net to reduce the heat absorption of the circulating water of the wet curtain by sunlight;
(2) In high-temperature weather, the fan can be opened more in advance, do not add the fan after the basic temperature comes up, the wet curtain can be used in advance, it must be turned on at 27 degrees, and cannot be used after the temperature in the house reaches 30 degrees;
(3) Ensure normal and efficient longitudinal ventilation. Except for the air intake at the dehumidifying curtain of the chicken house, the rest of the house is absolutely airtight (side windows, doorways, etc.);
(4) Regularly clean up the debris on the wet curtain to ensure sufficient air intake;
(5) High temperature and high humidity weather, especially the problem that the water curtain does not supply water after the humidity reaches 85%. In theory, the wet curtain can not achieve a good cooling effect, but the scene should be explored and used according to the actual situation. Perform intermittent opening. However, when the humidity reaches 85%, it is strictly forbidden to use the indoor spray device to spray and humidify and cool down.
3. Ventilation window
Close the small ventilation window in hot weather, and the vertical ventilation in the chicken house to ensure maximum ventilation efficiency and increase wind speed.
According to the outdoor temperature, the small windows of the chicken house can be properly added at night to combine vertical and horizontal ventilation in the chicken house to ensure uniform ventilation and avoid local heat accumulation.
4. Other management
(1) At high temperature and low humidity, you can spray the house to cool down, or you can directly add disinfectant to the wet curtain (without chicken disinfection), but pay attention to the management of the chicken house litter to avoid serious agglomeration and subsequent management that is difficult to manage;
(2) During hot weather, 12: 00-16: 00 pm is the peak period of stress. The chicken coop cannot be interrupted. It is necessary to guide employees to observe the chicken flocks, logistically do the heatstroke prevention of the personnel, and reserve the heatstroke medicine. The chicken coop must have staff on duty to pay attention to the temperature of the house, the heat stress of the flocks, the ventilation, and the cooling of the wet curtain, whether there is any abnormality;
(3) Pay attention to cooling at night and reduce the harm of heat accumulation during the day; during high temperature, increase light and water at night, especially laying hens. After adding light and water, chicken activities are conducive to heat dissipation;
(4) The night shift arranges the personnel on duty to check the condition of the exhaust fan and the flock. Any equipment failure should be eliminated as soon as possible.
4. Chicken Coop Infrastructure Management
1. Check and check the thermal insulation performance and tightness of the chicken coop (roof, wall, water pipe mouth, floor drain, etc.). If the thermal insulation performance of the chicken house is poor, if the water supply is sufficient, roof sprinkler facilities can be made to reduce the roof temperature of the chicken house, which can effectively reduce the temperature in the chicken house;
2. The ceiling can be used in the house to effectively insulate and significantly increase the wind speed;
3. The outer wall and roof of the chicken house are whitened to reduce the heat absorption of the chicken house: the screened lime and industrial salt are mixed and sprayed on the roof and wall to relieve the heat absorption of the chicken house;
4. Appropriate greening around the chicken house to reduce radiant heat: increase the shaded surface of the chicken house;
5. Regularly inspect, clean and replace the mist line spray head to ensure that the spray head sprays uniformly.
5. Anti-heat stress drugs
In order to promote the body heat dissipation of the chickens and the balance of electrolytes in the body, the following methods can be used:
1. Add anti-stress drugs in the drinking water to relieve heat stress, such as Lanjianbao 1000 kg water / bag, Ruipure Yishu and other all-day drinking. Due to the increase in the amount of water consumed by the chicken, the electrolyte in the intestine of the chicken is prone to imbalance. It is best to add before heat stress;
2. Because the amount of drinking water is too large and the digestive juice is diluted, the function of digestion and defense ability of the digestive tract is weakened, so probiotics are used in the drinking water to maintain the flora of the digestive tract, such as (such as Yi Le Duo Mixture 1000 g / ton material + Mycotoxin 1000 g / ton material);
3. Drug prevention is only an aid, and the key focus is on-site management of the chicken coop.
6. Water source and electricity
1. Daily inspection and rotation to use spare wells and reserve spare pumps. It is recommended to build storage tanks and use water towers to supply water to ensure the stability of water source and water pressure;
2. The wet curtain water is changed to automatic water supply to reduce water waste; at the same time, other water in high temperature weather areas must stagger the peak drinking water of chickens;
3. Regularly overhaul the water supply pipeline to prevent bursting and water leakage;
4. Make sure that the generator is running normally at any time, test the machine at least once every 15 days, and reserve enough oil, diesel oil and accessories for key parts (such as leakage protection);
5. Ensure that the generator motor battery is within normal voltage;
6. According to the actual situation of the site, formulate a set of emergency treatment plans for water and power outages, and complete the training and drills of the plans; let employees achieve the effect of being in a hurry.